Tuesday, October 30, 2012

i'll never forget

I remember the night fairly well,
The air was chill, and the feeling swell.
Until a few minutes after he came in that night,
The door burst open, and I knew something wasn't right.

...
It was roughly early December,
And my mom thought I didn't remember.
He comisted yelling, and screaming,
In my room I was left dreaming.

Dreaming this wasn't real,
And these emotions I did not feel.
I heard the shriek,
And out my door I had to peak.

Still in a fuss, my mom and dad stood,
My mom then yelled "I wish you would!"
Then the reply, "Why're you still here?"
Then began my awful fear.

I began to weap, for my mother did too,
I ran into the room, as he kicked off his last shoe.
"Go to the kitchen and sit behind the island" was the command,
And then for the truth my mother did demand.

I looked around the corner, questioning if I should turn back,
Then the sound sliced the air, the piecing smack.
My mom then began to cry more intense,
And didn't say a work toward her defence.

It was then clear the fight was through,
And the fear kicked in, I'm telling you.
My dad walked out the door,
And without a word more

I crept into the living room,
She was talking to my grandmother I assume.
The night my life was changed forever,
The night I'll forget never..

No comments:

Post a Comment